CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, January 21, 2009

A view from outside the "Neighborhood"

So I tuned in to watch the "Neighborhood Party" last night to see what the Washington DC Every Man crowd was doing, but also to see what the new First Lady was wearing (I'm no fashionista but inquiring minds want to know!) and mainly to see how the new First Couple looked on the dance floor! The entertainment was surprisingly underwhelming. The singers didn't seem to be at their best and the comedians were really struggling, and what's with those strange people bouncing around the stage on those springy stilt things?! Fast losing interest, I kept switching channels back and forth until the big moment - THE dance - and was totally wowed! Don't know what brought me closer to tears - Beyonce's absolutely incredible rendition of "At Last" or the way the Obamas held each other and gazed into each others eyes while grinning like high school sweethearts on prom night and whispering sweet nothings! What a darling sight. Loved every minute of it and felt so good about this duo who will be such key figures in the next 4 years. Then that feeling was completely dashed when the crowd started screaming (no, chanting) O-BA-MA while raising a fist high in the air or, even worse, raising their open hand - all I could think of was Hitler's hypnotic control over his star-struck, adoring minions!!! It was such a scary thing to see that I immediately switched the channel and never turned back. NOT my idea of a beautiful day in the Neighborhood. Hoping and praying the people of America will realize Mr. Obama is our President, not our Savior! Only time will tell...
"Praying Hands" by Albrecht Durer

0 comments: