(Well, almost - but close enough to use that neat song title!) My guys are on their way from Arkansas to Louisiana right now - yea!!! They'd decided not to go duck hunting this morning as Frank's jet-lag set in yesterday and Matthew had sat in a freezing cold blind at O-dark-thirty more than enough times for this season. So they just wanted to eat the traditional after-church brunch at Nana and Pa's and hit the road. That gives me until around 6PM to finish my To Do list.
At the top of the list was stocking the pantry with things other than just what I like to eat! So this morning after church I dropped Mom off back at her house and headed to the grocery store. Frank and Matthew are both meat and potatoes guys, and even though Frank has lost over 30 pounds in the past year (SO proud of him!) he deserves to calorie cheat a little while he's home. There are things they just can't get in Iraq, or if they can it doesn't taste like the same thing does in the States. And as for Matthew, since he's been staying in Arkansas the past month his Nana has been feeding him non-stop so he is definitely going to be in chow down mode. He has always been so incredibly skinny; I can't wait to see if he really has gained a few pounds! I'm anxious to see both my guys - it has been a LONG 4 almost 5 months since Frank's last R&R. Matthew has been doing so incredibly well in his recovery transition and I fully realize the next step will most likely be for him to move to Arkansas to work part-time and attend community college while living close to his grandparents, uncles, and aunt. So this will be a bittersweet time - however, we're all hoping Liam's birth will be next week and that will be so exciting that it will override any sadness. This really is a time full of changes in so many ways. Right now, though, it is hard to find something that will hold my interest more than a few minutes. I keep listening for the sound of Matthew's truck (though I know Skye will announce its arrival as soon as he turns into the subdivision!) Tonight I'll fix my guys' favorite chicken dish, we'll share the remainder of the birthday cake Mom got me, and the house will be filled once again with noise and laughter and love. Can't wait!!! Oh - guess I'll have to find a spot other than Frank's recliner to curl up with my evening cup of tea (smile!) 
Sunday, January 25, 2009
The Boys Are Back in Town...
Posted by Sharon at 4:37 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment