Frank and Matthew have gone down to the river to take Frank's new toy (what I like to call "that big honkin' boat") on her maiden voyage to see if she is completely water worthy before I consent to step foot on-board! Kendra's Gale, soon to be re-christened the HighTech Redneck is a vessel Frank bought from a friend of his who, unfortunately, was only able to take it out a few times before realizing he couldn't do so without becoming violently sea-sick! His wife prevailed upon him to sell the thing and my crazy husband jumped at the chance to purchase such a "sweet deal" at a bargain basement price. Nevermind the fact that we have absolutely no place to store it at our house, and seeing that he is out of the country the majority of the time it won't be getting too much use for the next few years. It is a pretty thing, I must admit (high praise from a woman who is afraid of any body of water deeper than my shoulders) and yesterday's January temperatures warmed up to a comfortable 68 degrees so I went outside with camera in hand to document this maritime wonder. Thank goodness we will be able to maintain a storage spot on base (ah - the perks of being retired military) so "that big honkin' boat" (ah-hem - excuse me - The HighTech Redneck) will not be staying in our driveway! Will take more pictures when I'm actually riding in her along the Red River later on (say a prayer for me), but for now here are some shots of the boat and of Frank and Matthew grinning like kids on Christmas morning. Gotta love 'em!
Saturday, January 31, 2009
The Tale of the HighTech Redneck...
Posted by Sharon at 10:57 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment