So far, a joyous birthday is just what I'm having! There was a bit of early celebrating last weekend with a few gal pals, one of whom shares this January birthday month. We ate a fabulous dinner at the Cheesecake Bistro (a menu favorite that is big enough for two to share - Shrimp, Crab, and Avocado Salad tossed in a creamy vinaigrette dressing) and topped that off with a gigantic slice of white chocolate and raspberry cheesecake! (Remember, birthday food has no calories.) Thursday I received an early gift from dear long-time friend, Susan, in Austin - the perfect sweatshirt for a cat-loving librarian, it features kitty cats on top of stacks of books with titles like "A Tail of Two Kittys" and the words - "Books...Cats...Life is Good" - indeed it is! Received several cards throughout the week, then last night I was treated to dinner at Olive Garden. Met my mom and my brother there after work and having had a tiny salad at lunch I came with an appetite! Their spicy crusted baked salmon can't be beat, so that was my choice. Steamed broccoli was an equally healthy and yummy side. So as not to add TOO many birthday pounds, the three of us decided to split a very large serving of dark chocolate gelato - um, um, UM!! Mom sent me home with a dozen glorious pink roses (they smell wonderful too) and I called it a night. This morning started with birthday calls and I opened a gift from sweet cousin, Ellen, that was on my doorstep when I got home last night. The most precious picture frame - the color predominately baby blue - with the cutest little lady bug accent painted on a glass bead. We all know whose picture will be going in this frame after Master Liam makes his arrival! I have the perfect place for it on my desk at the office - the better to admire throughout the work day. Am waiting to receive a call from my Arkansas duck hunters when they come in from the farm. Yes, Frank began this 3 weeks of R&R by flying into the Little Rock airport around 9am Thursday morning, brother Larry picked him up and took him to where friends and family (including our Matthew) were waiting, and the guys were in their duck blinds by about noon! Frank and Matthew will be coming home tomorrow evening. I don't mind him starting the first few days of his stay in Arkansas - that just means he'll be over the jet-lag by the time he gets to our house! Then we'll enjoy the remaining days together and await grandbaby Liam's arrival to make a trip up to Fayetteville. Today, though, I'm thoroughly enjoying staying in PJs and doing nothing at all but fun things around the house (reading, crafting, decorating, eating!) As is usually the case on my birthday, the weather is cold and rainy outside but it is warm and cozy inside - Lily and Skye have already found their snoozing spots for the day. Now to light a Duralog in the fireplace and fix a cup of tea. Ah, it IS a joyous birthday!
Saturday, January 24, 2009
Birthday blogging...
Posted by Sharon at 11:23 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Happy Birthday Aunt Sharon! We love and miss you - and have been terrible about getting cards in the mail. Please forgive us and have a great day!
Sharon, thank you for coming by & leaving a note! So nice to meet you & I'm glad you all got inspired over the mirror project. I'll be posting the finished product very soon. Thanks for reading & keep on coming back.
Post a Comment