CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, February 15, 2009

Pass the Tissues Please...

So much for getting my teacup/saucer cabinet set up yesterday. After "ginning around" a bit, the head cold that seemed to be almost over revved up again with a vengeance. The afternoon was spent alternating between glasses of water or orange juice, cans of Diet Dr. Pepper, and cups of hot tea with lemon - and using up a whole box of tissues! So much, too, for plans to go to church this morning followed by a trip to get supplies for the fleur-de-lis art project. After blowing and coughing through the night I stayed right here in bed. At least all this junk is moving up and out, but just how much junk can one person's body produce?! Sorry, that sounds a bit indelicate but it's the truth. I am reminded of the TV commercial about the little boy battling a cold along with a very red nose, whose Mom hands him a softer tissue to make the redness go away. Not the case with my poor cracked and crimson nostrils - the box of fluffy tissue with lotion was used up long ago and now a roll of quilted toilet tissue has become my beside companion. Vanity has gone out the window! Even my dear kitty-cat Lily (normally snuggled by my side) has headed for the corner chair in the bedroom to try to escape all the racket and restlessness. The birds outside my window are singing "Pretty, pretty, pretty, pretty" - promises of Spring and warm sunshine. Perhaps that means this is the final gasp of the rash of colds that has plagued the days of Winter. One can only hope so! But for now, pass the TP (er, tissues) please...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope you get to feeling better- chicken soup and hot cinnamon tea will do the trick!

oma aka meme said...

oh- praying for you--
we call the roll
kleenex by the yard
here and as I am just
recovering from my cold
I understand red noses

meme hugs

Sharon said...

Thank you Bernideen and Meme for your kind wishes. You're right about the chicken soup and cinnamon tea - wonderful balms both! And I love the "kleenex by the yard" comment - must share that with my husband as that is his preferred "tissue" when colds hit our household! You are two sweet ladies and I'm glad to say I'm well again and back blogging with you! Sharon