CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, February 26, 2009

"B&N Nights" with friends...

Yesterday evening I was thrilled to be able to meet a dear long-time friend up at Barnes & Noble for dessert and a chat. For several years Trudie and I, and another friend of ours, Sue, used to have what we called "B&N Nights" very frequently - especially after a particularly stressful day. We would meet up, choose a decadent dessert and a latte' or tea, snag a table in the bistro, and chatter and laugh the evening away until they kicked us out at closing time. Sometimes we'd even wind around through the book stacks (after all it is a book store, and one we all love) to see what was new or interesting. Now all of our lives have changed - children grew up, got married, moved away; grandchildren started arriving; Trudie retired; Sue remarried - whatever happened to down-shifting in middle age?! So it is rare now to be able to mesh schedules for a B&N Night. It is such a shame. Last night Trudie and I had lots of catching up to do! What a fun time we had. Keeping in touch with friends. As Martha would say "It's a very good thing."

2 comments:

Phyllis said...

I just love Barnes and Noble and paired with friends -- you can't beat the combination. Glad you had a good time!

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

I love Barnes and Noble. The nearest one to me is about 45 minutes away, so I don't get to go as often as I would like. How wonderful that you had a chance to catch up with your friend.