...hopping back down the bunny trail. Another Easter has come and gone. It was a wet and cold one in Louisiana and just a few days prior a tornado tore through Shreveport/Bossier! Thankfully, no one was hurt or killed but there was plenty of damage and a massive power outage. One of the saddest things to see was the tremendous damage and total loss of countless huge, historic oak trees on the Air Force base. Here at our house we were much more fortunate - basically it was me, the dog, and the cat hunkered down in a blanket filled bathtub for about 15 minutes until the storm moved past (picture that scene!) The tornado didn't touch down in our subdivision so we didn't lose power and there was no damage to houses or trees.
I had planned to leave on Good Friday for a long weekend with family in Arkansas (where it turned out there was equally rough weather) but Mom was sick, so a last minute decision was made to stay here and help her. I'm so glad I did because she did end up needing assistance, but boy did I miss getting to spend time with our son, with stepson and daughter-in-law, AND with the cutest little "bunny" of them all, our grandson Liam! You know technology is a wonderful thing at times like that - we did a Skype call so my Mom and I could talk to them and see how much the baby has grown in just 9 1/2 weeks. And many thanks to fellow grandma, Lee Lee, for emailing the 104 - count 'em - 104 pictures at the close of the weekend! Out of all of them, though, this is my favorite one of sweet Liam
The Easter Bunny also paid a visit to great-nephew Deacon in Ohio, who looked very dapper posing with his Daddy in their Sunday best (love those shoes, D!) Mommy looked lovely too but she was behind the camera!
The Easter Bunny came to my house too, leaving a Very Vintage Easter Basket put together by his helper and my new blogging friend, Tanya. So many treasures! I took the basket with me to Mom's house and we unwrapped the contents together, ooohing and aaahing. It really brightened the day for both of us.
Easter is always a blessed season, and this year was no different. In addition to celebrating the Risen Lord, it was a time of thankfulness - I'm thankful that we weathered the tornado without injury or loss of life; thankful for precious new babies and darling toddlers; thankful for family in general and for special new friends who are Kindred Spirits; thankful my Mom is feeling better; and last but not least, thankful to now be into "countdown" mode toward hubby's homecoming on R&R which will include a wonderful week at the beach!! I can hear the sound of the waves and smell that salt air already - aaahh! 
Tuesday, April 14, 2009
There went Peter Cottontail...
Posted by Sharon at 8:46 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
OK - was I supposed to keep the number of Easter pics less than 100? - I had not read that rule -haha - wait till Mother's Day - I think I only have to keep the number of pics under 200 - I will have to research to find out the rules - and thank you for the dogwood story - I knew there was a connection to the cross but I did not know the exact story - love you - LAW
Post a Comment