CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, April 19, 2009

Beach Music...

Heard from Matthew this morning as he woke up to his first full day of a week's vacation with family at a condo in Gulf Shores, AL. He's been to beaches before, but was too little to really remember them. This time he's living la vida loca - or at least the life of a totally relaxed beach bum! He and his Aunt Phyllis and Uncle Jim arrived about 10PM last night and before heading to the condo stopped to make a nearby Wal-mart run (of course!) They walked on the beach at midnight, and since his room has a balcony facing the water and is literally a stone's throw away from it he left his sliding glass door open just a bit and fell asleep to the soothing cadence of the waves - ahh!!! During our phone conversation he held his cell phone up so I could hear the ocean and I kid you not, if I could have figured out some way to transport myself there immediately I would have! It is absolute torture counting down the days until Hubby and I join Matthew and others for our week in paradise.

Different family members will be coming and going from the condo over the next four weeks. It is a 3-story structure and should accommodate all of us with plenty of space and privacy, though no doubt a lot of time will be also be spent hanging out together on the patio or the beach. Daughter-in-law Lynne has gone back to work after her maternity leave but I am really hoping Christopher will be able take some time away from his business to join us with our darling baby grandson Liam during the week we are there. Matthew will get to enjoy some time with our great-nephew Deacon this week - at 15 months D-Man is going to have a ton of fun!

Until it is time to head that direction, I'll just have to start packing the shorts, capris, and swimsuit. And to get in the mood I shall surround myself with "all things beachy" - surf-scented candles and bath products, delicate decorative shells, beach-themed books, and of course...a little beach music...




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Sharon, thanks for dropping by. I could almost hear the sound of the ocean and the cry of the gulls as I read your evocative post. How wonderful to be spending time there at this time of year and with guaranteed sunshine as well! Our seaside holidays in Britain can all too frequently be wall to wall rain and wind so time spent in that wonderful beachside condo would be most welcome. There's nothing more I'd like right now than days spent gathering shells and driftwood. I look forward to reading about your trip. Have lots of fun with the family. Eli

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

Hi Sharon!
Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment on my closet office redo! I have enjoyed reading through your past posts.

We are heading to Naples Fl on the Gulf of Mexico the end of this week. I love your idea of getting into the mood with all things beachy!
Penny