CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, March 9, 2009

What is Your Favorite Bookstore?

This was the question posed recently by fellow member Donna M. Fisher, of the American Law Libraries Private Law Libraries Special Interest Section (a really long name for what we just call the PLL SIS!) Two places in my neck of the woods, Barnes & Noble and Tower Book Shop, are personal favorites so during my lunch hour I quickly sent off my response and review. If Donna mentioned in the preface of her inquiry the fact that replies would be published in the PLL newsletter I missed that part, so was surprised to open the Spring 2009 issue and see my ramblings published as the first and the last of 40-something responses received from members across the U.S.! Reading the article was really interesting - there are SO many neat bookstores; lots of them with equally fun-sounding names. It would be a dream trip to travel across the country and visit them all. Since that isn't possible, reading all the reviews is the next best thing. Enjoy!
(http://www.aallnet.org/sis/pllsis/newslett/Spring09.pdf)

So, blog readers - What is YOUR favorite bookstore?

2 comments:

oma aka meme said...

no book store here but in the city is the ''BIBLE BOOK STORE'' and a store called 'CHAPTERS-
I have gone to both from time to time- most of my books are either library or second hand from the trift store-
I would move into a book store if I could- LOL
hugs from Meme

Sharon said...

Meme, thanks for your comment - your Bible Book Store sounds like our LifeWay Christian Store, which is another favorite haunt of mine! And I love the name "Chapters" - what a perfect title. You'd think a librarian would use the library more, but my work schedule never seems to allow - so sales at B&N, Amazon, or Half.com are my "book bonanza" sources most of the time. My friends and I also do the pass-along thing quite often as we all enjoy alot of the same authors. Moving into a book store would be a dream get-away, wouldn't it?! :) Hugs, Sharon