
After my posting about favorite Christmas Classics I realized the next day I'd totally forgotten to include "How the Grinch Stole Christmas" - which I've been watching since the first year it came on TV (yes, we had color TV back then - well, OK, not when I was born but definitely by the time The Grinch was created!) Of course the only one I'll watch is the original version narrated by Boris Karloff. Perfect grinchy voice. Since inadvertently leaving the furry green creature off my favorites list, it seems he has been determined to "Grinch" my Christmas spirit!!! The last couple of days there has been one stressor after another, so by last night I was physically, mentally, emotionally SPENT. Crashing at an early bedtime and sleeping late this morning helped some, and knowing there wasn't a single reason for me to get out of PJs or leave the house today helped even more. Then old Grinchy started stirring things up again - you name it, it happened. By noon things were in a total tizzy and I was wishing for some mighty strong eggnog!! Finally, things have calmed down after doing everything I could think of to keep The Grinch from stealing Christmas - the baked goods are finished, the housecleaning is done, the twinkly lights are on in the tree and various other decorations, and all the crises that befell the day have been resolved. No more signs of the furry green creature at work - hopefully The Grinch's heart "has grown three sizes" and the only thing green around this house for the remainder of the evening will be my steaming cup of Raspberry Green Tea!
Saturday, December 20, 2008
Keeping the Grinch Away
Posted by Sharon at 6:47 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
I'm really enjoying your blog. Wish I was smart enough to make my blog "snow". I am somewhat technically challenged, as we all know ;) I've kept myself extremely busy this week with some fun activities, but I really think after tomorrow, things will wind down...except for some gift baskets to make for the store. Mailed my cutest card ever to you -- be watching for it! Love you!
Post a Comment