CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, September 6, 2009

Back after a blogging hiatus...

Sometimes LIFE just gets in the way of living! I'm not sure exactly when it happened, but sometime after Easter it became obvious that I am not a very good juggler. Responsibilities at work, at church, at home, to family - so many things and so few hours in each day. Then, since July when my 87 year old Mom was diagnosed with Burkitt's Non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma, things got even crazier. Something had to give! Unfortunately, it was blogging.

One of the things we did right after Mom was diagnosed was to set her up a page on CaringBridge. It has become my job to post the journal entries each day, and in doing so I've realized how theraputic it is - for Mom, but also for me! I've done some journaling in the past but always let it fall by the wayside after awhile. CaringBridge is easier to keep going because it is for a cause, and for my Mom.

However, as wonderful as it is, CaringBridge is limited as far as "bells and whistles" and the artist in me soon longed for the lovely, creative pages of the blogging world. I missed reading the blogs of kindred spirits and enjoying the images and insights found there. I also missed writing - the fulfilling process of assembling thoughts, reflections, images, and exchanging comments with bloggers who share my interests and philosophies.

So here I am, back again and anxious to begin reading and creating! This first "comeback" post is dedicated to my precious, sweet Mom. It was Mom's artistic and creative talent I inherited. And it is her faith, grace, and strength that continues to inspire me. I love you Mama.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yea! What a pleasant surprise to click on your URL and find a post! I am so glad you are back to posting to your blog -- sort of seems like a bit of "normalacy", if you know what I mean -- but I have, of course enjoyed your CaringBridge posts each day in the interim.

Love You!
Susan